Nutrition is undoubtedly a fundamental component of our daily life. It is for the more sedentary and even more so for sportsmen. This applies whether you are practicing an endurance sport, a strength sport or mainly technical sport.
Why is nutrition important?
Let’s start with the premise that eating carefully is very important in every phase of our life. From the early stages of pregnancy to the third age it’s not something to worry about before the infamous swimsuit rehearsal or only after “disastrous” blood tests.
- A correct diet allows us to live a long and quality life, preventing and lowering the risk of contracting many diseases: diabetes, cardiovascular problems, hypertension, tumors, etc.
- Without a doubt, following a diet suitable for our lifestyle is a precaution that all of us should have.
Nutrition and Sport, a necessary combination
In sports, nutrition becomes a fundamental component both for the construction of performance (a concept that is beginning to be increasingly widespread).
Sports nutrition, together with rest and well-planned training, is a key aspect to achieve optimal results. Whether we are talking about professionals or whether we are referring to amateurs, the concept does not change. Choose the 20% iHerb Coupon for choosing the best medication there.
Endurance and Endurance Sports
As you may have noticed by visiting our site, as regards athletic training, they mainly deal with Endurance and Endurance Sports. For the layman the category could be “all the same soup”. In reality, the terms encompass various sub-categories. It starts from those who limit themselves to short amateur bike rides with friends, up to those who engage in extreme races such as Ultra Trail or Iron-Man.
What do all these activities have in common?
- A delicacy and complexity from a food point of view.
- There are aspects to consider even in the purely amateur field; for example: proper hydration, good integration, optimal nutrition, pre and post-race diet.
Malnutrition, Integration and Hydration
An overweight cyclist who wants to pedal at maximum effort is one of the most common examples of underestimating the importance of a balanced diet and the concept of a healthy weight. This often leads the person in question to expose themselves to great risks (including a greater possibility of injury and risks at a cardiovascular and metabolic level).
- Those who practice endurance sports without having the slightest idea how to use supplements are wasting their money in vain and in some cases they are becoming intoxicated, creating problems on their performance, but above all on their health.
- Hydration is also very important. Sweating a lot and exposing oneself to high temperatures runs the risk of being dehydrated, this can lead to a simple decrease in lucidity and performance, up to serious consequences that must be avoided absolutely. For this reason, rehydrating is of primary importance.We must adopt an optimal and personalized diet, do not stop eating as unfortunately many people do. You can go for the iHerb Promo Code India in this case.
In the types of sports we are talking about there is very high energy expenditure, logically speaking, it is necessary to introduce a high and right amount of energy (the so-called calories) through the diet if you want to stay fit and avoid catabolism.