Each and every site owner finds it important that their resource is always available to users. Otherwise, it can get into big problems with search engines and site traffic. TOP services to monitor the performance of your site.
Each and every site owner finds it important that their resource is always available to users. Otherwise, it can get into big problems with search engines and site traffic. First of all, let us clarify what uptime is. Uptime is the time of the uninterrupted operation of the server (computer or hosting) from the moment it is turned on until the moment it is turned off. Its opposite concept is downtime – the time during which the server is in the off state, and your site, accordingly, does not work. At this time, when your site is down, it is still visited by users who see the message “Request timed out. Please try again later” and leave disappointed. The highest uptime value is 99.9% – you should strive for this ideal, you should not take less than 99%, otherwise, it will lead you to the problems described above. That is why it is essential to monitor web resource regularly.
There are many various services that can be used for that purpose:
• Host tracker. Although the service is paid, the free version is enough to track the work of 2 sites. The frequency of checking can be set independently from 1 to 60 minutes. Messages about server failures will be sent to your email or phone.
• Uptime Robot – this service allows you to check the availability of the site every 5 minutes for free, and the number of sites here is up to 50.
• Montastic – the service is very simple, and messages on failures are sent by email. Its major disadvantage is the frequency of checks – every 30 minutes. The service is more suitable for those who just want to know when the site is working and when not.
• Google Analytics. Analytics.google.com is a free service from Google for detailed statistics and further website analytics. The importance and need for well-built web analytics for site owners is invaluable. The JS-code is installed on the site, and the data itself is stored on Google servers. The service offers a report on the speed of loading pages and tips to speed up the loading of problem pages.
• Google Webmaster Tools. This special service for site owners is recommended to be installed as soon as the domain hosting is registered and the site is launched. Through Google Webmaster, Tools data is available on search queries, errors on the site.